Tuesday, March 5, 2013

For the Love of Green

For our first group project for March, the Clear and Simple Stamps design team is going green!  Designers are showing off projects created with any of CSS's shades of green. 

Here’s my take on the green challenge. I went with the “green monster” idea and used one of the Little Uglies for my design. I die cut the monster from In the Limelight cardstock, then stamped the matching image on the die cut in black ink. I did a little paper piecing to fill in the spikes on his tail and his eye, then colored his belly with Copic markers. The creature is attached to a dotted panel with foam tape. I layered the panel on kraft cardstock, then set it on a Kraft Like a Rockstar Green card base.

Once the panel was in place, I put a Favor Flags strip stamped with the “sorry I was such a monster” sentiment at the top of the cardfront. It’s machine stitched along the left edge to anchor it.

Don’t miss what the rest of the CSS team has created for this group project challenge. Here’s where to find them:
Audrey Tokach
Lori Tecler-you’re here!
Elena Roussakis
Tracy Schultz
CSS Blog

Materials Used: 
Little Uglies stamp set, Perfect Little Black Dress and Kraft Like a Rockstar Green inks, Kraft Like a Rockstar, In the Limelight, Kraft Like a Rockstar, and A Blanc Check cardstock, Copic markers (YG93, YG95), Favor Flags and Little Uglies dies (Clear and Simple Stamps); Nest-Comfort and Familiar 6x6 paper pad (Authentique); sewing machine; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips