Wednesday, May 8, 2013

We Click

Here’s my card for this week’s Muse challenge. As a teacher, I loved the school theme of Laurie’s design, but decided to go in a different direction for my card. I used the same basic layout and design elements to create this love themed card.

I switched out the library card element in the original design for a trimmed-down journaling card. I stamped the “you and me we click” sentiment at the bottom of the panel, then added a Copic colored camera image above it, using foam tape for dimension. To go with the love theme, I arranged a trio of translucent heart stickers above the camera.

The embellished journaling card is set on a red card base edged with a piece of yellow chevron patterned paper. I topped the patterned paper with a wide strip of golden yellow twill. The ruler element from the original design is replaced with a die cut film strip piece, set at an angle over the card base. The journaling card is adhered with foam tape for more dimension. I added a pair of silver brads as a final accent.

Materials Used:
Oh Snap stamp set, Film Strip Border die, white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Basics Cardmaking 1 paper pad (Pebbles); Color Fusion Sn@p cards (Simple Stories); heart Rain Dots (Cloud 9); silver brads (Michaels); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. Love this fun take on Laurie's Muse card - the bright colours and patterns make this a very happy card! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you chose and your sentiment is too cute! Great take on the muse card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great take on the Muse - great idea with the film strip and love your colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, congratulations on the voter HM win at MUSE for your great CASE!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips