Monday, August 26, 2013

August Guest Muse

I’m honored to have been invited to be this week’s guest designer at the Muse Card Club blog. You can find all of the details on how to play along with the challenge here.

Here’s my card for the challenge. It uses one of my favorite clean and simple layouts and a soft, monochromatic color scheme.

I adhered a blue patterned paper strip with rounded corners to a light blue card base. The panel is stamped with the “thinking of you” sentiment from Avery Elle’s Modern Leaves stamp set. I used gray ink instead of black for the words for a softer look. A pair of wood veneer butterflies is positioned over the words. To anchor the panel to the cardfront, I ran a narrow strip of cream twill down the right edge of the panel. The twill is accented with a pair of shiny silver brads.

I’m looking forward to seeing all of the different takes on my card this week on the Muse blog!

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Avery Elle Modern Leaves stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Gray Flannel ink, Lily Bee Design Pinwheel 6x6 paper pad 

other: Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); cream twill, silver brads, wood veneer butterflies (Michaels); corner rounder

6 comments:

  1. Congrats Lori, hope I get a chance to play this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card for Muse Lori, I can't wait to see how this inspires others!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card really inspired me Lori!
    Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!! :)) :))
    Love the soft colors -- & CAS design !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on being a guest designer this week and your card is fab - thanks for the inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so love your soft, feminine card! Congrats on being the GD for Muse!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips