Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Oh, the Places You'll Go

It’s been a while since I played along in one of the Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps challenges. This week's challenge's back to school theme gave me a good reason to ink up one of my favorite Kraftin’ Kimmie images, Bookworm Jaime.

I colored Jaime with Copic markers, using a color scheme to match the reds and blues in the striped patterned paper I used on the cardfront. The paper’s from my scrap pile and its primary color scheme was perfect for a starting point for a school-themed design.

I matted both the image and the patterned paper panel with red cardstock and arranged them on a kraft panel. I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of white cardstock and adhered it to the cardfront overlapping the image panel and the patterned paper. A little strip of dotted washi tape along the right edge of the image panel finished off the design.

Materials Used:
Bookworm Jaime stamp set (Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Real Red cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); blue dotted tape (Michaels)

3 comments:

  1. So cute !!
    Love KK images -- & this bookworm is adorable !!!
    :)) :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, she is too stinking cute!!! I love her and she looks just perfect on your card. Thanks for playing along with the Kraftin Kimmie Back to school challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori!! Love your card...and it is so perfect for the challenge too!!:)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips