Friday, December 6, 2013

Laugh and Smile

Here’s my card for this week’s Muse challenge. I was inspired by the large yellow ampersand on Laurie’s card and the striped patterned paper, too.

Laugh and Smile-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps from Simon Says StampI didn’t have as large an ampersand die as Laurie’s, so I made do with a smaller one from Papertrey Ink’s Grand Ampersand die set. I die cut the ampersand from yellow cardstock and set it on a bright pink card base covered with a kraft panel on top and a multicolored striped patterned paper strip on the bottom. It’s placed to overlap both panels, tying them together. I stamped a combination of phrases from the Simon Says Stamp Card-making Friends set around the ampersand in black ink. Once I was done stamping, I added a trio of yellow enamel dots around the words.

Materials Used:
Card-making Friends stamp set (Simon Says Stamp); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Harvest Gold cardstock, Grand Ampersand dies (Papertrey Ink); Melon Mambo cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); Here and Now 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); yellow enamel dots (My Mind’s Eye); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. Love your take on Laurie's card! What a great sentiment, and love that perfectly sized ampersand. The stripes and kraft work so well with your pink base too. Great card, Lori! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you left a gap between the kraft and the stripes, it makes a statement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you can clearly see Laurie's influence in this card, but it's still clearly yours! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on Laurie's card! I love the vibrant colours :-)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips