Monday, June 8, 2015

How Sweet of You

Here's my card for this month's first Viva la Verve sketch.  It's also doubling as my entry for Verve's June Eat Me Drink Me themed Diva Inspirations challenge.

How Sweet of You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Verve Stamps
I started out by covering a pink card base with a pair of patterned paper panels from the same paper pad.  The patterns aren't ones I'd usually mix, but I like how it turned out.  The top of the card was covered with half of a white paper doily with a solid pink cardstock piece at the center.

I stamped the "how sweet of you" sentiment from Verve's Small Packages set on a white panel.  After matting the panel on pink cardstock, I added it to the cardfront, tucking the top underneath the doily.  I adhered a pair of fishtail flag strips, one pink and one rose, to the left side of the card, overlapping the sentiment panel slightly.  To go with the challenge theme, the strips were accented with a small cupcake from the Small Packages set.

Materials Used:
Small Packages stamp set, Cupcake Frame dies (Verve Stamps); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Sweet Blush cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Regal Rose cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Yippee 6x6 paper pad (Chickaniddy Crafts); Fishtail Flag Stax die (My Favorite Things); circle die (Spellbinders); white paper doily; foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Positively scrumptious! Love the sweet papers, that gorgeously colored cupcake and the pretty little doily. Thanks for linking up to VLV and the Diva Inspiration challenge, Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card! Yummy too!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips