Sunday, October 4, 2015

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 289-My Sun, My Moon, and All of My Stars


It's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge!  I used a large sentiment from My Favorite Things as the focal point for my card and created a matching background to go with it.

My Sun, My Moon, and All of My Stars card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
My background was made with a star stencil and some silver embossing paste.  After the embossing paste dried, I did a watercolor wash over the stars to create a nighttime sky. While the background dried, I stamped the sentiment from the Count the Stars set on a navy cardstock strip using silver ink.  For more of a pop, I heat embossed the sentiment with silver embossing powder.  The panel was edged with a strip of coordinating silver paper, then adhered to the background on an angle.  The finished panel was adhered to a navy card base.

To play along, just create a card based on the sketch and link it up on the SSSC blog.  Be sure to stop by the blog to check out what the SSSC team has created using the sketch.  And, don't forget to check in on Wednesday to see one of our favorite cards made with the sketch!

Materials Used:
Count the Stars stamp set (My Favorite Things); Delicata Silvery Shimmer ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); watercolor paper (Michaels); Night of Navy cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Star Dust stencil (Memory Box); silver embossing paste (Dreamweaver); silver embossing powder (American Crafts)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Lori! Love that dark navy with the gold embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Lori! Love the metallic embossing!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips