Friday, June 3, 2016

We Go Together

When I saw Leigh's fabulous hamburger card as the inspiration piece for this week's Muse challenge, I couldn't resist playing along!  The Foodie Fun and Foodie Fun Sentiments stamp sets from Clear and Simple Stamps were perfect for my take on the design.

We Go Together card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Clear and Simple StampsI used the burger as inspiration (of course!).  I also brought in the kraft color and a bit of rustic-ness with red gingham instead of woodgrain.  My burger and fries were stamped on white cardstock.  I masked the burger, then stamped the fries to get a dimensional look, then colored the images with Copic markers.  After cutting out the colored images, I adhered them to a white panel with strips of kraft and gingham paper, using foam tape for dimension.  I stamped the "we go together like burgers and fries" sentiment next to the images in black ink.  A pair of silver brads were added to the kraft panel to balance the design.  I adhered the finished panel to a kraft card base.

Materials Used:
Foodie Fun and Foodie Fun Sentiments stamp sets, Rouge Ruffles, Kraft Like a Rockstar, and A Blanc Check cardstock (Clear and Simple Stamps); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Pure Poppy patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); silver brads (Michaels); foam tape

7 comments:

  1. This is adorable! And look at you bringing back the brads! You don't see them much on cards these days, but they are the perfect accent! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great take on Leigh's card, Lori. Love the "table cloth" you've got, and those stamps are adorable. Beautifully colored, I might add! This card makes me smile. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and fabulous card, Leigh! I haven't seen this set yet... it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so sweet! I love how you were inspired by my card! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Burgers and fries ... yum!! Great interpretation of Leigh's card, Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super clever interpretation of Leigh's Muse card. I love how you "replaced" the woodgrain with gingham.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips