Saturday, August 20, 2016

Hello Honey

Here's my card for this week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I used a bee image and coordinating honeycomb patterned paper to put this one together.

Hello Honey card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper Smooches
The bee image is from the Paper Smooches Bee Mine set.  I colored the bee with Copic markers, then used the matching die to cut out the colored image.  It doesn't show in the photo, but I added some sparkle to the bee's wings using a clear glitter pen.  I also coated the bee's eyes with a bit of clear Pico Embellisher for a glossy look.

I used foam tape to adhere the bee to a pale gray panel with an angled piece of patterned paper extending out from the lower right corner.  The pattern was perfect for a bee themed design!  For more sparkle, I used a clear crystal flourish to form a flight trail for the bee.  The set's "hello honey" sentiment was stamped along the top edge of the angled panel in black ink.  I layered the finished panel on a coordinating cheery yellow card base.

Materials Used:
Bee Mine stamp set, Bee Mine dies (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); clear Sparkle glitter pen (Spectrum Noir); Lemon Drop and Grout Gray cardstock (My Favorite Things); Be{you}tiful 6x6 paper pad (Authentique); clear crystal flourish (Michaels); foam tape

6 comments:

  1. I love the cute bee! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorably sweet card Lori! Love that trail of bling behind the bee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This little bee is adorable! Sweet card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So seriously cute! I love that sweet little bee! The sparkle is perfect! Adorable! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! That bee is just the cutest and that paper does indeed go perfectly with the bee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! That bee is just the cutest and that paper does indeed go perfectly with the bee.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips