Monday, September 26, 2016

Mojo Monday 467-Puppy Love

Puppy Love card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Paper Smooches

Happy Monday!  It's time for a new Mojo Monday sketch.  It's the last Monday of the month and we're switching things up a bit this week with a square layout.

I made a dog themed design using stamps from Paper Smooches.  The dog image from the Paws for a Cause set was stamped in copper ink to match the color of my mini goldendoodle, Bo.  He doesn't sparkle like this dog does, but his coat is a rich copper color like a penny--so pretty!  I used the matching die to cut out the stamped image, then adhered it to a white circle with foam tape.  After matting the image panel on a red pierced circle, I adhered it to a pale blue cardstock panel with a strip of plaid patterned paper at the bottom.  The set's "puppy love' sentiment was stamped on the patterned paper in dark brown ink just to the right of the image panel.

I die cut a tiny kraft tag to accent the image.  The tag is decorated with a paw print die cut topped with a teeny, tiny red heart.  I added a twine bow to the tag, then adhered it next to the image using foam tape.  The finished panel was adhered to a coordinating square kraft card base.

Head on over to the Mojo Monday blog for more inspiration from the design team and to add your own take on this week's sketch!  You can also find all of the Mojo Makers at their blogs here:

Materials Used:
Paws for a Cause stamp set, Paws Cause Icons and Paw Print dies (Paper Smooches); Delicata Celestial Copper and Memento Espresso Truffle inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Poppy Parade and Dark Chocolate carstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Sno Cone cardstock, Die-namics Pierced Circle STAX and Pierced Traditional Tag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Good Fellows 6x6 paper pad (Fancy Pants Designs); circle dies (Spellbinders); twine (Lawn Fawn); foam tape

7 comments:

  1. My 12-year-old "puppy" is asleep by me as I type; if he were awake, this card would make his tail wag.
    Cute card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is just darling, Lori. Love that sweet little paw print tag.

      Delete
  2. I completely CASE'ed this because I needed a sympathy card for friends who just lost their precious dog. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my! A co-worker lost her beloved dog fairly unexpectedly today. This would be perfect, but I will have to settle for a card from my stash. I love the sweet little tag on your card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips