Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Color Throwdown 415-I Love You Deerly


It's time for another Color Throwdown!  Jodi is our hostess this week with a textile inspired color combination--cream, red, brown, and green.  I used the colors to showcase the new Deer Friends stamp set from My Favorite Things.

I Love You Deerly card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite ThingsI made a simple scene using one of the set's deer stamps and one of the tree stamps.  I stamped the leafy tree in the background and used Copic markers to color in the leaves.  The deer image was stamped in brown pigment ink.  I used my MISTI to stamp it so I could stamp the image twice for a nice, bold impression.  Once the ink dried, I used the matching die to cut out the image.  I used foam tape to set it in place on the cream panel. 

To ground the images, I added a strip of border punched grass.  I edged the grass strip with some cream trim, then tucked a strip of red striped paper beneath it, giving the design a festive look.  I stamped the "I love you dearly" sentiment in brown pigment ink on a red fishtail flag strip and added it to the top of the card (dye ink probably would have been a better choice here . . .).  After wrapping the panel with a bit of twine and securing it with a bow, I adhered the finished panel to a brown card base.

To play along, just create a paper crafted project using these colors as a starting point and add a direct link to your finished project using the linky tool found at the end of this week's CTD post. As always, if you don’t have exact color matches, something close works just fine. Just be sure that the challenge colors are the dominant ones in your project. And, if you upload your project to an online gallery, use the keyword CTD415. If you upload your projects on social media, go ahead and use the hashtag #ctd415 and #colorthrowdown. You can find us on Instagram (and on Facebook!) with the username colorthrowdown. 

Before you get started, here’s some inspiration from the talented Color Throwdown team, our October guestie, Erin Lee Schreiner, and this week's guest star stamper, Robin Feicht.

** Amy Rohl **  Amy Rysavy ** Barbara ** Broni ** 
 ** Jodi ** Lisa ** Lynn ** Vickie ** Wanda **
** October guestie Erin Lee Schreiner  **
** Guest Star Stamper Robin Feicht  **

Materials Used:
Deer Friends stamp set, Birthday Blowout 6x6 paper pad, Die-namics Deer Friends and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Luxe Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Real Red, Sage Shadow, and Close to Cocoa cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Grass border punch (Fiskars); twine (Lawn Fawn); cream trim (Hobby Lobby); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips