Tuesday, January 24, 2017

You Complete Me

Here's my card for the current (for just a few more hours . . .) My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used the Cookie Crumbs stamp set and coordinating You're the Milk to My Cookies dies for my card.

You Complete Me card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I started out by die cutting my milk jug and cookies.  The milk jug was outlined with a pale blue Copic marker to give it some depth before I adhered it to the white pierced circles.  The base of each of the cookies was inked with some tan distress ink to give them a just out of the oven look. Once the pieces were in place, I trimmed off the right side of the circle so that it was flush with the right edge of the kraft panel.  I edged the panel with some red gingham paper. The paper reminds me of a tablecloth, so it was a natural fit for my food themed design.  I stamped the "you complete me" sentiment on a red double ended fishtail flag strip and used foam tape to place the strip over the image panel.

Materials Used:
Cookie Crumbs stamp set, Die-namics You're the Milk to My Cookies, Pierced Circle STAX, and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Tea Dye distress ink (Ranger); markers (Copic); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock, Pure Poppy patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips