Tuesday, April 18, 2017

A Wish for You

Here's my card for the current (for a few more minutes) My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge. It's been a while since I inked up one of the Pure Innocence cuties and the layout's large panel was perfect for showcasing the sweet girl from the Make a Wish stamp set.

A Wish for You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
I colored the image with Copic markers, then carefully hand cut her out.  I'm not too thrilled by either my coloring or my cutting, but I'll cut myself some slack since I've been off my game a bit since having surgery a little less than two weeks ago . . .  I made a background panel for her from a pale blue cardstock panel with a bit of green "grass," cut with a border punch, along the bottom.  I stamped the image on the background panel so that the dandelion fluff would be visible on the finished design, then added the cutout image using foam tape for dimension.  The set's "a wish for you" sentiment was stamped on a narrow white cardstock strip.  I trimmed the right edge on a slant, then positioned it on the panel along with a single silver brad as an anchor.

To go with the image, I covered most of a green card base with a yellow floral patterned paper.  After adhering a bold yellow cardstock strip diagonally across the card base, I placed the image panel on top.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Make a Wish stamp set, Sour Apple and Lemon Drop cardstock (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Spring Rain cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Apple Cheddar Soup-Dried Thyme designer paper (Jillibean Soup); Grass border punch (Fiskars); silver brad; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips