Monday, June 19, 2017

It Takes a Big Heart

Here's my card for this month's SugarPea Designs Mix It Up challenge.  I used the sketch and some colors from the inspiration photo to create this teacher themed card.  I needed to replenish my teacher cards since my colleagues cleaned me out last week when they needed cards for their kids' teachers at the end of the school year!

It Takes a Big Heart card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from SugarPea Designs
The Class Act set was perfect for my design.  I colored the set's apple and books images with Copic markers, then used the matching dies to cut out the colored images.  The images were adhered to a gray panel using foam tape.  In keeping with the teacher theme, I heat embossed the sentiment from the Sweet Sentiments-Teacher set on the panel in white for a chalkboard-like look.  I brushed the edges with ink to give the panel a dusty look, too.  I adhered it on an angle to a red-orange grid patterned paper panel over a kraft cardstock panel.  The patterned paper was matted on coordinating red cardstock, then adhered to a kraft card base.

Materials Used:
Class Act and Sweet Sentiments-Teacher stamp sets, Class Act dies (SugarPea Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black and Memento Luxe Wedding Dress inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Persimmon and Steel Grey cardstock (My Favorite Things); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Teacher's Pet 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); Recollections Snow embossing powder (Michaels); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Love the chalkboard effect and gorgeous colouring! Thanks for joining us at SugarPea Designs, Lori!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips