Saturday, August 12, 2017

I'm Here for You

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  Last week I inked up the smile themed stamp set from MFT's most recent card kit, so this week I inked up the kit's floral stamp set, Plentiful Petals.

I'm Here for You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I stamped one of the set's flower images in yellow ink, then added the center image in contrasting pink ink.  The new markings on the dies and stamps were super helpful for quickly lining up the stamped image with the open die!  I also stamped and die cut a pair of leaves to go with the flower.  I created a backdrop for the flower by adhering a strip of yellow on yellow dotted paper to the left side of a cardfront, then added a green panel, edged with a narrow strip of yellow cardstock.  After cutting out a raspberry stitched circle frame and adhering it to the cardfront so it overlapped both the green and dotted panels, I placed the flower on top using foam tape.  The "I'm here for you" sentiment from the Whimsical Wishes stamp set was stamped just beneath the circle to complete the design.

Materials Used:
Plentiful Petals and Whimsical Wishes stamp sets, Lemon Drop, Jellybean Green, and Ripe Raspberry inks, Sour Apple and Lemon Drop cardstock, Dots & Stripes Sorbet 6x6 paper pad, Die-namics Plentiful Petals and Single Stitch Line Circle Frames dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Raspberry Fizz cardstock (My Favorite Things); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips