Saturday, September 9, 2017

I Pick You

I Pick You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for this week's challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  I used the sweet image from the My Favorite Things Harvest Mouse set that I'd colored up a few days earlier as part of this months Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge for my focal image.  The mouse was colored to coordinate with the plaid patterned paper strip.  After coloring the image I used the matching die to cut it out.  Unfortunately, the die slipped a little (hate when that happens!) and I had to do a little close trimming to make the edges look even . . . The finished image was adhered to a cream pierced circle die cut and adhered to the plaid strip.  I placed the plaid strip at the center of a teal card base, then completed the card by adding the "I pick you" sentiment on a narrow kraft fishtail flag strip.

 Materials Used:
Harvest Mouse stamp set, Die-namics Harvest Mouse, Pierced Circle STAX, and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Taken with Teal and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up); Perfectly Plaid Fall 6x6 paper pad (Lawn Fawn); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Your coloring is so beautiful! And I love that pretty plaid paper. This is clean and so sweet! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card, Lori! You did a beautiful job coloring and matching everything on your sweet little mouse to the plaid and solid color of turquoise card stock!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips