Friday, September 8, 2017

Waving Hello

Waving Hello card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Paper Smooches
I'm hanging on to summer with this card for the current challenge at Sunday Stamps!  I used the sketch along with stamps from Paper Smooches to create a nautical themed hello card.  The focal image is the boat from the Wicked Nauticool set.  I colored the boat with Copic markers and cut it out with the matching Nauticool Icons die.  For the background, I used a pair of circle punches to give a blue cardstock panel a wave-like pattern at the top.  I wrapped the panel with red twill, then adhered it to a light blue card base.  I fashioned a sun from a piece of yellow dotted patterned paper cut with a pinking circle die.  The circle was tucked underneath the top edge of the wavy panel, then the boat was added on top, using foam tape for dimension. I stamped the set's "waving hello" sentiment in black ink on the blue panel to complete the design.

Materials Used:
Wicked Nauticool stamp set, Nauticool Icons dies (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Bashful Blue and Pacific Point cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Lemon Tart patterned paper, Pure Poppy twill (Papertrey Ink); pinking circle dies (Spellbinders); circle dies (EK Success); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips