Saturday, May 20, 2017

Crazy 4 Challenges 386-Happy Bird-day


I'm back with another card as a guest designer for Crazy 4 Challenges!  This week's challenge is a fun square sketch with a twist--make it a birthday card!

Happy Bird-Day card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Paper Smooches
I used one of my favorite birthday images, the bird from the Paper Smooches Birthday Buddies stamp set.  I colored up the stamped die cut image with Copic markers and used foam tape to add it to a round panel.  I gave the bird a balloon from the Hullabaloo set, also attached to the panel with foam tape.  I matted the panel on a blue circle to match the bird's balloon, then placed it on a square yellow card base with a strip of patterned paper (rescued from my scrap pile!) along the left side.  The set's "happy  bird-day" sentiment was stamped on a silver fishtail flag strip and placed on the cardfront just beneath the bird image. I anchored the strip with a die cut blue star.

Be sure to stop by the C4C blog to see the cards created by the rest of the team--and to link up your project!
 
Materials Used:
Birthday Buddies and Hullabaloo stamp sets, Buddies Icons and Stars dies (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Lemon Tart cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Sno Cone cardstock, Die-namics Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Recollections Silver cardstock (Michaels); circle dies (Spellbinders); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips